A 25-year-old is facing multiple felony charges after allegedly burglarizing a church in Beacon, according to City of Beacon Police.
Officers responded to the area of East Main Street and Liberty Street on Friday, Feb. 15 around 1:45 p.m. A male suspect was allegedly being followed by the caller after being observed burglarizing the Christ United Methodist Church at 60 Union Street.
The male suspect was subsequently located, arrested and identified as Shawn Davis Jr. of Beacon, police said.
Davis was charged with:
- Third-degree burglary, a Class D felony
- Tampering with physical evidence, a Class E felony
- Third-degree criminal mischief, a Class E felony
- Fourth-degree criminal mischief, a Class A misdemeanor
- Petty larceny, a Class A misdemeanor
- Fifth-degree possession of stolen property, a Class A misdemeanor
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.