DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Dutchess County.
- A Millerton man driving under the influence and angry over a traffic accident, rammed his car into the man who had rear-ended him on Tuesday, before speeding away, according to the New York State police.
- A Poughkeepsie woman was nabbed as she walked out of a Walmart with two shopping carts full of more than $1,400 worth of merchandise without paying.
- A 23-year-old Poughkeepsie man found himself behind bars after failing to show up in court to face drug charges.
- Beacon resident Brian William Wolfe, 32, was charged with sexually abusing a child under the age of 11.
- Actor Michael Rhodes, artistic director at Tangent Theatre in Tivoli, discussed his career path that took him from working in a lumberyard to the Broadway stage.
- A Dutchess man who kept repeatedly sending text messages to someone in violation of a court order landed in the Dutchess County Jail on Tuesday.
- A Carmel woman who filed a police report saying she had been the victim of identity theft with a credit card was charged with filing a false claim on Monday, according to New State Police in Dover Plains.
- New York State Police responded to a scary scene on Friday morning, Dec. 23, where they found two bodies in a car submerged in a partially frozen pond on Weil Road in Dover.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Southwest Dutchess and receive free news updates.