DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at the week's top stories from around Dutchess County.
- The victim of a single car crash that led to the death of a man whose car burst into flames earlier this month in Hyde Park was identified Monday as an actor both on and off Broadway.
- Residents who live around the Route 82 bridge near All Angels Hill Road in Wappingers Falls - and businesses that count on traffic flow - are breathing a sigh of relief now that the lengthy bridge project is nearly completed.
- The Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau reports the investigation into a larceny that occurred on Monday during which money was stolen from a Westchester resident's bank account through fraudulent withdrawals.
- Led by a pair in the Top 10, a total of 18 Hudson Valley schools made Niche.com's newly released list of the top 100 private schools in New York.
- Hopewell Junction has embraced the family-run Handshakes Bar & Grill, which is celebrating 20 years as a favorite neighborhood meeting spot.
- A 41-year-old Hyde Park man is in custody after a two-hour standoff Sunday with police from several area departments, during which time he threatened officers with a knife, threw objects at officers and barricaded himself in a house on Watertower Road in Hyde Park, police said.
- Led by Hopewell Junction's Megan Theiller, Fairfield University won the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference volleyball championship Sunday with a 3-0 victory over Quinnipiac on George Bisacca Court at Alumni Hall.
- State Police are investigating three new vehicle break-ins that occurred at IXL Health & Fitness Club on Route 9G in Rhinebeck.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.