SOMERS, N.Y. – If you have not yet made plans for your Super Bowl Sunday festivities, here are some Somers area eateries that will be happy to keep your appetite at bay:
- Somers Deli (914-401-9230) The Somers Deli will open at 5 a.m. Sunday morning and close at 5:30 p.m. Everything on the menu will be available in any quantity. Especially for the game, the deli will offer wedges made on its unique goal-post-shaped bread. The choice of filling is yours.
- Somerfield’s (914-276-3071) The Super Bowl party begins at 6 p.m. Sunday. It includes tailgate munchies, a half-time dinner buffet and an open bar. There are seven big screens, and there will be an opportunity to win your own 60-inch big screen TV. The price is $40 per person.
- Taste Deli & Catering (914-277-2020) Taste, ordinarily closed on Sunday, will be open from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Everything on its regular menu will be available, in practically any quantity. Heroes by the foot include free potato salad, macaroni salad or cole slaw. Beef chili will be a Super Bowl specialty, as well as Monte Christo mac & cheese, traditional mac & cheese, and three types of wings.
- Lovell Street Grill & Ale House (914-556-6400) The Lovell Street party begins at 5 p.m. and will continue until the game ends. The $50 per person cost includes pre-game appetizers, a halftime buffet and an open bar.
- The Blazer Pub (914-277-4424) The Blazer will open at noon and stay open until the game ends, but the kitchen will close at 10:30. Super Bowl specialties include chili and wings. Buy five quarts of chili and get one free. Buy seven orders of wings and get one free. Wing types include Buffalo, BBQ, Teriyaki and Double-Cooked (the chef’s secret recipe.)
Note: Most of the eateries request that orders be placed at least 24 hours in advance.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.