SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Scarsdale last week:
- Andrew McMurray, co-owner of Scarsdale's Zachy's and the national wine consultant for Zipz, landed the biggest deal in the history of ABC-TV's "Shark Tank" show in an episode that aired Friday.
- The Westchester Chapter of the National Football Foundation and Hall of Fame has cited football standouts for both athletic and academic excellence with its Scholar-Athlete or "Golden Dozen" team. This year’s 12 winners including Will Eisler of Scarsdale High School, will be honored on Thursday, Jan. 29 at the 42nd annual awards banquet.
- Antimony, cadmium, cobalt, lead and mercury were some of the toxins found recently during a test of children's toys, jewelry and clothing, prompting county legislators to propose a ban to be enforced by the Westchester County Health Department.
- A man with autism who went missing after leaving his school in Yonkers Wednesday afternoon was found in Dobbs Ferry on Thursday, News 12 Westchester reports.
- Scarsdale voters approved a $18.1 million school bond referendum.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.