SCARSDALE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Scarsdale last week:
- Homeowners in lower Westchester may soon hear some unusual banging and clanging in the middle of the night as the county begins demolishing portions of the Crane Road Bridge over the Metro-North Harlem Line Railroad.
- The Scarsdale “Pot Mom” who inspired the main character from the popular television show “Weeds” is working as a receptionist in Manhattan, The New York Daily News reported.
- Rene Carcamo, 60, was arrested and accused of hanging 25 dead cats from a tree near his Yonkers home in April.
- The Internal Revenue Service is warning Westchester County residents to beware of a new telephone scam demanding money or bank information from taxpayers.
- A Connecticut motorist was arrested in Scarsdale over the weekend when police said they found him drunk and asleep in his car that was resting in the bushes on the lawn of a Stratton Road home.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.