The Tuckahoe School District wants the community to “hibernate with a good book” for a good cause this holiday season.
The Tuckahoe schools’ literary magazine is teaming up with Barnes & Noble Eastchester for a weeklong fundraiser, which has been dubbed “Hibernate with a Good Book!” by school officials.
The weeklong event will include author discussions, musical performances by students, Broadway singers and student-led story times, beginning on Dec. 3. During the fundraiser, shoppers at Barnes & Noble will also have the opportunity to use a special code (12263463), with a portion of proceeds benefitting the school district’s English department to expand classroom libraries for independent reading.
On Dec. 3, to celebrate the launch of the fundraiser, a slate of events has been prepared to kick off the special event:
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.: Gift wrapping by Tuckahoe Middle School students;
- Noon to 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Tuckahoe Middle School students will read children’s books in a book nook.
- 1 p.m.: A Broadway performance inspired by literature;
- 2 p.m.: Linda Fairstein, author of “The Devlin Quick Mysteries” will discuss her book series, read an excerpt and answer questions;
- 3 p.m. Laura Gelman, author of “Class Mom” will host her own book discussion;
- 4 p.m.: A performance by Tuckahoe students.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.