Dozens of youth and families with cardboard and duct tape boats attempted to cross the length of the Rye Y’s Brookside Pool. A few boats glided almost effortlessly to the finish line, some capsized at the starting line and others needed a push from Rye Y lifeguards to reach the end of the pool. Whatever the result, the enthusiastic crowd of about 100 spectators cheered and encouraged the adventurous sailors.
The winners were:
- Grand Prize winner Michael Engerann, Best Design: The Beatles – Yellow Submarine, captained by Eduardo Fernandez & Bishop Ibrahim
6 and Under:
- Heat 1 – Violet, captained by Campbell & Morgan Kaderabek
- Heat 2 – Sharkey
8 and Under:
- Heat 3 – Wave Ryder, captained by Julie & Morgan Tiedeman
- Heat 4 – (TIE): The Dream Boat, captained by Suze & Wiebe Jolink and Megalodon, captained by Ben Fontecchio
- Heat 5 – Team Austrailia, captained by Oliver & Nelly Connor
10 and Under:
- Heat 6 – The Dutch Lightning, captained by Sjef Smits & Luuk Van Rooijen
14 and Under:
- Heat 9 – S.S. Directioner, captained by Talia Colombo & Callie Schultz Adult & Child Combo
- Heat 10 – M.P.J.
- Heat 11 – Grand Jacques, captained by Lucas
Click here to follow Daily Voice Rye and receive free news updates.