YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers firefighters were called to a blaze at Green Laundromat Sunday night, and the first responders quickly had the blaze under control.
The Yonkers Fire Department was dispatched to the business at 550 S. Broadway (Route 9) a bit before 11 p.m.
In an 11:26 p.m. Facebook post, the International Association of Fire Fighters Local 628 noted that the fire was out.
The fire appeared to start in a lint vent pipe through the roof, Chief Brian Travers said in a video posted by Yonkers Voice. He said those flames fell and caught some leaves on fire, spreading the fire to the outside of the building.
According to News 12 Westchester, firefighters said there was only minor damage to the building, and there were no injuries.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.