PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- The Peekskill Business Improvement District (BID) has elected officers and a board of directors for 2015.
The district promotes and enhances downtown Peekskill and expands business opportunities within the city center,
The elections were held on February 26, and officers were selected on March 10.
The following are the 2015 officers: President Louie Lanza of The Hudson Room; Vice President Monica Flaherty of The Flatz Properties; Secretary Sol Miranda of EMBARK Peekskill; and Treasurer Giovanni Stiefelmann, a property owner.
Lanza said “Peekskill is the last underdeveloped river town in Westchester County with tremendous upside potential for future growth and development. With the ever-increasing variety of fine dining establishments and popular music and entertainment venues, Peekskill is a destination location for artists, foodies, and music lovers. It's the kind of community that will attract those looking for a city lifestyle in a suburban setting — the best of both worlds.”
These are the six newly elected members to serve on the 2015 BID board of directors:
- Gabriel Arango, Jr., Iron Vine, Sunny Cover, The Peekskill Coffee House;
- Ken Laudon, Azimuth Interactive;
- Deb Milone, Hudson Valley Gateway Chamber of Commerce;
- Mike Welti, Director of Planning & Development, City of Peekskill;
- Kathleen Talbot, City of Peekskill Common Council Member; and
- Representative from the Comptroller's office.
For more information about the Peekskill Business Improvement District visit http://www.downtownpeekskill.com/
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.