PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Looking for someplace to warm up? Peekskill restaurants offer a wide variety of options for coming in from the chill. Here's a sampling.
- You know the coffee's good (and strong) at Peekskill Coffee House, but have you tried the hot chocolate? It's just as artistic and thoughtfully created with a mixture of dark and white chocolate and whole milk. Get Warm: 101 S. Division St., (914) 739-1287, www.peekskillcoffee.com/.
- Affordable fare and a cozy atmosphere are part of the charm at BeanRunner Cafe where you'll find daily soup specials available for pairing with a half sandwich and/or half salad. Get Warm: 201. S. Division St., (914) 737-1601, www.beanrunnercafe.com/.
- Thick chunks of meat and a hearty base warm your bones at Birdsall House where the brisket chili is best paired with a craft beer. Get Warm: 970 Main St., (914) 930-1880, www.birdsallhouse.net/.
- For another kind of hot, go for the spicy wings at New York Firehouse Grill. "The Guadeloupe" comes with fajita seasoning, salsa and hot sauce while "The Spicy Meat-A-Ball" is made with hot sauce and chopped garlic. Get Warm: 63 Welcher Ave., (914) 788-0808, www.newyorkfirehousegrille.com/.
- It may not be what you traditionally think of when you think of a stick-to-your-ribs winter dish but the Guinness mussels in housemade Guinness creme at The Quiet Man Public House is one way to buffer up from the cold. The restaurant also has an ultra-filling beef stroganoff that's worth a mention. Get Warm: 15 N. Division St., (914) 930-8230, www.thequietmanpublichouse.com/.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.