NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in North Salem this week:
- A 26-year-old Florida man, Patrick Smith, has been sentenced to 25 years to life for a murder that occurred in North Salem.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination for governor.
- Familiar names like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett topped Forbes Magazine's recent list of the richest people in the planet for 2014, but several names connected to Westchester County made the list as well.
- A Pound Ridge man is expected to face additional weapons charges after police say they found heroin, 125 hypodermic needles, weapons and more than $25,000 in stolen jewelry in his home.
- Forbes Magazine has rated the New York City-Westchester-Hackensack, N.J., area as the nation's most overpriced area to live in, tied with Honolulu.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.