NORTH SALEM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in North Salem this week:
- Recent sighting have given the Saks family of North Salem further hope that their missing wallaby, Indy, will be found and brought home.
- Barbara Paesano, a teacher in the North Salem School District, and her team, Saving Our Sisters, will be participating in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer on May 17-18 in Boston. Paesano is a breast cancer survivor.
- Commuters that travel on Metro-North through Grand Central Terminal were able to meet new president, Joseph J. Giulietti and other officials to ask them about any questions or concerns.
- Westchester County Democrats have voiced their support to raise the legal age to purchase cigarettes and other tobacco products to 19.
- The Westchester County Board of Legislators recently approved an extension to the lease assignment agreement for Signature Flight Support Corporation, a fixed-based operator, which leases facilities from the County Airport.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.