MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon last week:
- For the second time in less than five months, a suspect was apprehended by Mount Vernon police after a man was gunned down at the Levister Towers apartment complex.
- A group of Mount Vernon taxpayers has hired a lawyer to try to force Mayor Ernie Davis’ resignation, reports lohud.
- State Police are seeking the public’s assistance in finding three missing residents of the Berkshire Farm Center for Youth in Canaan who may be headed to the Westchester/Putnam area.
- The Mount Vernon City School District has updated the calculation system for high school grade point averages from a 4.0 scale to a 100 percent scale in order to best represent students' academic achievement, according to a district report.
- A surveillance video showing the two suspects wanted in connection with the robbery of Webster Bank on McLean Avenue has been released by Yonkers Police.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.