MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon last week:
- Mount Vernon resident and Westchester Jewish Community Services client Elaine Baez's creative doll-making, which helped her cope with trauma from an abusive past, was featured in The New York Times.
- After hosting another successful Board President Saturday Conference earlier this month, Mount Vernon schools officials are set to host the next in the series on Saturday, Dec. 6, with a discussion about the district’s strategic plan.
- Ariel Property Advisors handled the sale of a seven-story office building in Mount Vernon for $1.5 million.
- More than two dozen individuals plan to boycott Bill Cosby’s Saturday, Dec. 6 show at Tarrytown Music Hall in light of the media attention surrounding allegations the comedian used his status to sexually abuse women for decades.
- New York State residents were ranked the second lowest spenders after income and cost of living adjustments in a recent survey by finance social network WalletHub.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.