This story has been updated.
Three people found unconscious by a family member in a home in the village of Airmont are still hospitalized.
The incident took place around 10:57 a.m. Tuesday, March 5, when the Ramapo Police Department responded to the home at 4 Bolger Lane in Airmont, said Ramapo Police Lt. Chris Franklin.
Once on the scene, four officers and EMS personnel found three female residents, ages 14, 16, and 54. The officers removed all three from the home and began providing first aid outside the residence, Franklin said.
All three victims were transported to Westchester County Medical Center for treatment. One of the victims was subsequently transferred to Jacobi Medical Center for further treatment and evaluation.
Currently, it appears that the cause of the incident was due to elevated carbon monoxide levels found within the household, Franklin said.
The incident remains under investigation by the Ramapo Police Department Investigations Division.
The Tallman and Suffern fire department also assisted at the scene.
This continues to be a developing story. Check back to Daily Voice for updates.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.