A family was displaced days before Christmas after a fire broke out in an apartment building in Mount Vernon.
Fire officials confirmed that a fire broke out in a third-floor apartment at approximately 10 a.m. on Friday, sending at least one family out in the cold and rain with Christmas fast approaching.
According to a News12 report, the landlord of the building cited a greasy pot that was left on a stove, which caught fire and spread to paper towels. Officials said the fire and most of the damage was limited to the one apartment, though others suffered minor smoke and water damage.
No injuries were reported. It was not immediately clear what the plans for the displaced family are.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.