A child was reportedly hospitalized after drinking bleach from a baby bottle in Mount Vernon.
Police responded to a Franklin Avenue home shortly before 8:30 on Thursday, June 13, where there was a report of a child that had consumed bleach out of a baby bottle, officials reported. The bottle was reportedly given to the child by a sibling.
The child’s condition was unclear on Friday, June 14, after she was taken to the Jacobi Medical Center, but the girl is expected to make a full recovery.
Detectives in Mount Vernon are currently investigating the case. It is unclear if any adults were home at the time of the incident.
Check back to Daily Voice for updates.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.