MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont last week:
- With hard-hats in place and shovels in hand, local officials helped Sean and Chris Murphy break ground for their latest venture, Mamaroneck Self-Storage, a state-of-the-art 40,000 sf facility in the village of Mamaroneck.
- A new group of six Westchester towns have been labeled exclusionary in a new report by the federal monitor overseeing the county’s affordable housing settlement with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- A heated Democratic primary for three Village of Mamaroneck trustee seats ended decisively Tuesday night.
- Several Westchester golf clubs including Winged Foot in Mamaroneck, Trump National in Briarcliff Manor and Willow Ridge in Harrison, denied President Obama's request to play a round of golf during his Labor Day Weekend visit to the area, WNBC-TV reported.
- Hours after a surveillance video was released showing former New Rochelle High School star Ray Rice punching his then-fiancee, the Baltimore Ravens terminated the contract Monday of their star running back, according to ESPN.
- A number of trees have been reduced to stumps in Larchmont’s downtown as the village begins the long-delayed Palmer Avenue Streetscape project.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.