LARCHMONT, N.Y. -- DeCicco & Sons’ sixth and newest store will open in Larchmont Friday, Dec. 18 at 7:30 a.m.
Winner of various awards, including the "2015 Best Family Owned Business" in Westchester, as well as multiple categories of Westchester Magazine’s "Best Of Westchester" awards, the store is about to launch with another accolade as one of the nation’s most energy-efficient and greenest supermarkets.
According to John DeCicco, Jr., president of DeCicco & Sons, “Life is only important when it has an impact on the lives of others. So when it comes to the world we live in, our generation has to make a commitment to meet the energy challenges put before us and sustain a clean and healthy environment … for now, and for future generations.
"With our new DeCicco & Sons store in Larchmont, we have the opportunity to present our customers and employees with a new paradigm in the supermarket shopping experience: a store that incorporates intelligent, energy-efficiency and on-site clean and green renewable energy, every minute, every day. At the same time, it will continue to be true to our 'Quality First' brand by delivering the very best quality food and products, the very best selection, with the very best service”.
Some of the advanced, innovative technologies being used by the company include:
- A technologically advanced heat reclaiming refrigeration system: This is the first of its kind being implemented into a supermarket in Westchester County, according to DeCicco.
- Rooftop solar panels which will generate 75 percent of the store’s electricity during peak sunlight.
- Advanced, energy-efficient L.E.D. lighting will use one-fourth of the energy compared to conventional lighting.
- Reduced water usage via low-flow fixtures and appliances.
- Reclaimed wood from century-old barns from upstate New York and buildings in New York City as well as reclaimed bricks from century-old buildings from Merrimack Valley, MA.
- A strong reusable tote bag promotion.
- A bicycle rack to encourage more bikes and less cars for cleaner air.
The 25,000-square-foot store is a sparkling wonder complete with a second story mezzanine that features a full-service craft beer and wine bar and a rotating selection of beers on tap. The area will also offer ample room for dining and relaxing with television and WiFi.
The store, in the former location of The Guitar Center, is at 2141 Palmer Ave., (914) 873-4447, www.DeCiccoAndSons.com/.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.