Dear TMS Families:
Sixth grade students are in the process of indicating their preference for World Language classes for next year (Spanish or Italian).
Please have your sixth-grader return the form to Ms. DiFrancesco in guidance by Jan. 29.
Interim Superintendent Dr. Wilson, Superintendent-elect Carl Albano, and Board President Dr. Julio Urbina will meet with middle and high school parents/guardians Feb. 11 at 7 p.m. at the Middle School/High School Library for a "town hall" style forum.
The forum will update parents on the strategic plan and board goals, share Mr. Albano's vision for the district, as well as listen to ideas and answer questions.
Students are invited to enter the Scholastic Grand Prix Chess Tournament on Jan. 30 at the William E. Cottle School. Click here for applications.
I held mid-year grade level meetings this past week. Hopefully your children shared with you some of the information we discussed.
- Cell phones must be turned off and stored during the academic day (see student handbook for full procedures)
- Large backpacks are not to be carried around the building
- I thanked the students for keeping the hallways clean.
- I also shared a quote from Robert F. Kennedy: “Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.”
- I showed a video about ripples of kindness and talked about how one small act of kindness does not necessarily get paid back, but paid forward.
I encouraged all of our students to be ripples of kindness at Tuckahoe Middle School.
Dr. Ellen J. McDonnell
- Girls home basketball game, Jan. 29, 4:30 p.m.
- Modified Boys home basketball game, Jan. 29, 4:15 p.m.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Eastchester and receive free news updates.