Firefighters were sent to the Pierre Van Cortlandt Middle School on Glen Place around 2 a.m. after a carbon monoxide alarm went off in its generator room.
The fumes were likely caused by the generator itself, they said.
It took about an hour to vent and secure the site.
First responders were also dispatched to the Croton Dam off Route 129 around 6 p.m. after a caller said that a child had been struck by a car.
However, when firefighters and paramedics from Croton and Ossining arrived, they found no injured child, but a adult who had fallen off his bicycle.
The man was taken to Hudson Valley Hospital in Cortlandt Manor for evaluation.
Around 7 p.m., firefighters who were at the Harmon Firehouse for training had to be sent to the Croton Point Park Cabins.
Crews there found that a fire alarm had been set off by smoke from someone’s cooking.
Back at the station, about 30 firefighters were trained by vendor AAA Emergency Supply Co. Inc. on how to use new “self-contained breathing apparatus.
So far this July Croton firefighters have answered 34 calls, bringing the department’s current total to 209 for 2016.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Cortlandt and receive free news updates.