NEW CITY, N.Y. -- During 2016, the Rockland County Sheriff's Office in New City is hosting monthly digital tours of each division in the department. This month’s tour of the Sheriff’s Office will highlight the Uniform Patrol of the Sheriff’s Police Division.
The Rockland County Sheriff’s Patrol is a 24/7, 365-days-a-year operation. It is a county police agency responsible for the protection of county properties, roads, thoroughfares, holdings and interests.
The division handles any and all complaints occurring in or on Rockland county properties. Officers conduct the basic function of the division, including protecting all county buildings, as well providing basic road patrol and assistance to local enforcement agencies. The building they protect include:
- Rockland Community College.
- The Robert L. Yeager Health Complex.
- The New City Government Complex.
- County roads.
- County parks.
- Rockland County Jail.
- Rockland County Sewer Department.
- All county-owned properties and buildings.
Other duties include:
- County Court and Family Court.
- Warrant executions.
- Missing persons.
- Local disasters and other law enforcement emergencies.
- Joint law enforcement operations.
- Crowd control and traffic enforcement.
- Commercial vehicle enforcement.
- Calls for service in local jurisdictions when requested.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.