ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at the week's top stories from around Rockland County.
- A 78-year-old driver escaped injury after a sedan plowed into the front of a New City bank Monday afternoon.
- A day after the Rockland County Legislature released its revisions to the 2017 budget, County Executive Ed Day says their version of the budget is just "smoke and mirrors."
- Rockland County officials are teaming up to help keep residents in need warm this winter.
- Rockland resident Belinda Poblete, who won a cool $7 million playing the lottery last spring, is parlaying some of her new-found wealth into something even cooler.
- Julien Meyer cultivated the seeds for his entrepreneurial spirit at the schools he attended in Pearl River. A little more than six years out of high school, the young executive has created an application that revolutionizes the customer service industry.
- Commuters should plan alternate routes if possible in order to avoid bridge construction that began Thursday on Route 9W from Tuxedo Lane to Dr. Davies Road in Congers.
- Lauren Bunyan-Gould, a beloved cheerleading coach in North Rockland, lost her battle with cystic fibrosis.
- Ramapo police said they nabbed a Spring Valley man driving a car that wasn't his -- and found that he had 16 active license suspensions.
- Ramapo police charged a ShopRite employee with stealing from the cash register on Sunday.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.