As fast as you can say "turkey leftovers," it's time to plot out getting your Christmas tree.
Are you a chop-your-own or pre-cut family? What follows are some ideas for both. Be sure to tell us your favorite spots -- or send in some photos -- in our Comments or on Facebook.
- Wilkens Fruit and Fir Farm, Yorktown Heights: Choose-n-Cut Christmas trees are available as long as they last. Expect Douglas and Fraser Fir trees available for Choose-n-Cut as well as some pre-cut Fraser Fir trees. Enjoy a free cup of hot apple cider with every tree purchase; check the Harvest Calendar before planning your visit. Chop To It: 1335 White Hill Rd., 914-245-5111
- Stuart's Fruit Farm, Granite Springs: There are cut your own or pre-cut options at this family-run 172-acre farm where you'll also find freshly baked apple cider doughnuts, pies, and other goodies. Chop To It: 62 Granite Springs Rd., 914-245-2784
- Abel's Trees, Verbank: Balsam Fir, Blue Spruce, Norway Fir, Serbian Spruce, Canaan Fir and White Spruce are all here; often 10 feet and higher.Cash or personal check only. Complimentary baling is offered to facilitate handling of your tree. Chop To It: 435 North Clove Rd., 845-677-6395
- Battenfeld's Tree Farm, Red Hook: There's lots of choices at this fifth-generation family-owned farm where options include Blue Spruce, White Pine, Douglas Fir and Frasier Fir. You'll also find a large gift shop, wagon rides, visits from Santa and bagpipers. Check the website for details. Chop To It: 856 Route 199, 845-758-8018
- Evergreen Tree Farm, Millbrook: Cash or check only at this family-run farm where you'll find Douglas Fir, Frazier Fir and Spruce. They'll even do the cutting for you. Chop To It: 407 North Tower Hill Rd., 845-677 3785
- Solvang Tree Farm, Poughkeepsie: Cut your own varieties Include Colorado Blue Spruce, White Spruce Norway Spruce, Scotch Pine up to nine feet; fresh-cut options include Fraser and Concolor Fir. Chop To It: 80 Bedell Rd., 845- 473-0224
- Fabulous Firs, Poughkeepsie: Five varieties of fir, including the farm's award-winning Fraser Fir, are grown here. You'll also find a number of varieties of Spruce and White Pine. Cash only. Ten percent discount for military and Seniors. Chop To It: 702 Van Wagner Rd., 845- 590-3337
- Saltsman Christmas Tree Farm, Rhinebeck: Pre-cut options here include Fraser Fir, Balsam Fir, and Concolor Fir while Choose & Cut include Blue Spruce, White Spruce, Fraser Fir, and Balsam Fir. Trees range in height from 6 feet to 12 feet. Saws are provided free and the staff will bale your tree and secure it to your car free of charge. There's also complimentary roasted chestnuts, mulled cider and doughnuts around an open barnyard fire (weekends only) Cash and checks. Chop To It: 214 Route 308, 845-876-8801
- Plains View Farm, Pleasant Valley: Trees include Fraser Firs (up to 12 feet), Norway Spruce (also up to 12 feet, White Spruce, and Blue Spruce. Chop To It: 21 Freedom Rd., 845-485-4277
- Wonderland Farm, Rhinebeck: The trees here have been featured in Pottery Barn, Country Living and other national media outlets. Expect expertly sculpted evergreens in a variety of shapes and sizes in Balsam, Frasier, and Canaan Firs, as well as Blue Spruce. Plus, free hot chocolate. Chop To It: 191 White Schoolhouse Rd., 845-876-6760
In Orange County
- Edward’s Tree Farm, Warwick: Choose from pre-cut trees or cut your own, all grown on the farm. Open Saturdays and Sundays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Dec. 17. Chop To It: 77 Amity Rd., 845- 258-4344
- Emmerich Tree Farm, Warwick: Choose and cut spruce, pine, and fir set amidst a south-facing hillside. Freshly-cut Fraser firs are also available. Free parking, wagon rides to the field, music, bonfire, and free hot chocolate. Chop To It: 10 Sleepy Valley Rd., 845-986-0151
- Graney Tree Farm, Pine Bush: Choose and cut your own blue spruce tree and shop from an assortment of balsam wreaths. Open weekends through Christmas Eve, 9 a.m. to dusk. Chop To It: 24 Lang Dr., 845- 361-3022
- Stone Oak Farm, Slate Hill: Hike more than eight acres and choose from blue spruce, white spruce, and Canaan fir trees. Also worth a visit: the Bed & Breakfast, featuring a roaring fireplace and gift shop, all in a beautiful timber-framed barn. Open weekends, 10 a.m. to dusk. Chop To It: 207 Stony Bar Rd., 845-355-4751
- Sumner’s Wintergreen Tree Farm, Middletown: Choose and cut your own tree from a selection of blue spruce, white spruce, Scotch pine, white pine, Douglas fir and Fraser fir. Free treats available for kids. Open weekends in December, 10 a.m. to dusk. There's also a Christmas shop full of holiday gifts and decor for decking your halls. Chop To It: 123 Brola Rd., 845-800-3018
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.