CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Chappaqua last week:
- New Castle’s Zoning Board of Appeals voted Monday, Sept. 22, to close a pair of public hearings pertaining to the Upper Westchester Muslim Society’s proposed mosque for a site in the West End of town.
- New Castle Police responded to a 911 call on Monday, Sept 22, and arrived just in time to help deliver a baby girl, officials said.
- Ossining High School's lockdown Wednesday, which was switched to a lockout later in the school day, was caused by an anonymous social media thread that was made late this morning, according to a letter sent out to parents by Superintendent Raymond Sanchez.
- Athletes Warehouse in Pleasantville aims to educate athletes and put them on the right path for keeping their bodies in the best possible shape. The center, at 220 Tompkins Road, recently celebrated its grand opening.
- Jennifer Czarniecki, a Mohegan Lake resident who was crowned Mrs. Westchester in January, was arrested and charged with stealing from the group home where she worked, according to Investigator John Rodriguez of the New York State Police.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.