Police are warning Mamaroneck residents of a recent uptick in the number of vehicle burglaries throughout the region.
Police Chief Christopher Leahy said officers are on the lookout for any suspicious activity, but added that residents can help as well by taking a few proactive steps.
- Park your car in a well-lit area
- Make sure your vehicle is locked
- Make sure your vehicle alarm is activated
- Make sure your key/key fob is not left in the vehicle
- Do not leave any personal or valuable belongings in plain view
As always, if you see something, say something, Leahy added.
If you notice suspicious activity contact the department's non-emergency number at 914 777-1122.
For an emergency, dial 911.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.