BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Here are some of the top stories from this past week in Briarcliff Manor:
- Scorching heat baked the entire county all week, which prompted ConEd representatives to call on the public to conserve electricity.
- Hudson Line service on Metro-North was suspended all of Friday due to a freight train derailment near New York City.
- Wet weather this summer has prompted Briarcliff officials to hire a firm to assess the conditions of the town's clay tennis courts.
- A Larchmont rabbi accused of impersonating a police officer blamed his bipolar disorder on the incident.
- U.S. News & World Report named Northern Westchester Hospital one of the best in New York state.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.