- He played a superhero in the movie "Green Lantern" so perhaps a “Super Cute” snapsuit from Wry Baby might be on the layette list suggests Emily Prince, the Owner of Sunshine & Clover in Croton-on-Hudson. The caped outfit retails for $27. Her store also boasts a bib from Cupcakes & Cartwheels ($10) with an image of a pearl necklace (Lively is super fashionable after all).
- Since the sex hasn’t been announced Susan Cardillo of Armonk’s Star Spangled Carousel suggests an Italian-made cotton blanket made by Lastrucci ($89.95) which is “soft cuddly and brushed cotton with appliqués.” Pair with a beige tweedy zip hoody by Mayoral ($48.95) and you’ve got the perfect outfit for a suburban newborn who’s in and out of the car and/or limo.
- To keep baby entertained, Ken Levinsohn of Learning Express with locations in Scarsdale and Bedford says the celebrity couple should consider Lamaze’s musical inchworm ($22.99), a classic toy with movement and sound, as well as a ruler on the underside to measure baby's growth.
- And since taking care of one's health is important, Jackie Myer Smith, a spa specialist at Richard Scott Salon and Day Spa in Mount Kisco, says Lively should indulge in a pre-natal massage ($120 for 60 minutes). “Having a massage during pregnancy can help to reduce anxiety and improve sleep,” she explains.
- Food is high on Lively’s list (her website Preserve is all about good living) which makes a nutritional consultation a must. So advises Susan Chasen, owner of The Organic Kitchen in Croton who offers a variety of workshops and cooking classes and includes healthy recipes on her website.
- Last but not least: to satisfy sweet tooth dalliances but also curb cravings, Deborah Holstein, the owner of The 4:00 Cookie in Rye suggests one of her company’s 11 healthy varieties ($2.50-$3) including gluten-free options.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Bedford and receive free news updates.