TEANECK, N.J. -- Children are welcome to attend an April 3 costume party, sponsored by Teaneck PBA No. 215, to benefit a 3-year-old boy from River Edge who's battling cancer.
Luke Abbadessa has a form of childhood cancer called neuroblastoma. The PBA aims to help his parents -- schoolteachers Vanessa Forte, formerly of Ridgefield Park, and Bergenfield native Daniel Abbadessa -- cover medical bills and travel expenses while relieving the overall financial burden.
Dressing up for the event at the Glenpointe Marriott in Teaneck isn't required, but it's certainly encouraged.
Some of the details:
- Kids can get their picture taken with Elsa and Anna from "Frozen," Mickie and Minnie, and Darth Vader and Chewbacca. Photos are $10 and will print on-site.
- Face painting will be available.
- For the adults, there will be vendors, selling items from clothing and jewelry, to skin products and various services.
- Both vendors and outside donors have contributed prizes for a tricky tray, including sports memorabilia, gift certificates, and movie, show and sports tickets. There will also be door prizes.
- A professional DJ will also be on hand to entertain.
All proceeds from the raffle will go toward Luke's medical and other expenses.
Tickets are $15 in advance for children -- buy them here -- or $20 at the door. Adults and infants are free. For group ticket sales, private message through Facebook, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call/text 973-310-2573.
If you wish to donate a gift or basket for the raffle, reach out the same way. If you would like to contribute directly to Luke's expenses, do so through the GoFundMe campaign here.
The event will run from 1:30-5:30 p.m. at the Marriott, 100 Frank W. Burr Blvd.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.