Newark will be the scene of the 58th annual Puerto Rican Day Parade Sunday. The event will be held from 1 to 10 p.m. The Boricua Music Festival starts at 3 p.m. on Verona Avenue.
The theme for this year's parade focus on heart disease awareness in the Porta Caribe region, the southern part of the island.
The parade review stand will be placed on Bloomfield Avenue between Ridge and Parker streets, with the parade beginning at 1 p.m. The festival that follows will be held on Bloomfield Avenue between Lake Street and Clifton Avenue.
The Newark Police Division has provided the following street closure information:
10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 15
· Broadway between Bloomfield Avenue and Broad Street
· 7th Avenue Between Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard and Broadway
· Bloomfield Avenue between Summer Avenue and Broadway
12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 15
· Bloomfield Avenue between Summer Avenue and Clifton Avenue
· Broadway between 4th Avenue and Bloomfield Avenue
FESTIVAL STREET CLOSURE INFORMATION
6 a.m. Sunday, September 15th to 12 a.m. Monday, Sept. 16
· Bloomfield Avenue between Lake Street and Clifton Avenue
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.