PASSAIC COUNTY, N.J. -- Sure we all love turkey -- or the tradition of it at least -- but let's be honest: we all love pie more.
So, where are you getting yours this Thanksgiving, Passaic County? We've rounded up a few of our favs sure to dazzle your guests --- and leave you "pie-eyed" for more.
- Gencarelli's Bakery, Wayne: Pecan, sweet pie, lemon meringue, apple pie, apple crumb and pumpkin are on the menu here where you can pick up a pie Thanksgiving day anytime between 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. No orders necessary. Pick a pie: 321 Valley Rd., 973- 872-0500.
- Gourmet Desserts, Clifton: Wait until Thanksgiving day if you want - the bakery will be open at least until 3 p.m. and serves up a host of traditional favorites including bourbon pecan, cherry, coconut cream and pumpkin. Pick a pie: 851 Van Houten Ave., 973-815-1111.
- 2 Sweet Cake Shop, Little Falls: Can't make up your mind on the dessert you want? Always best to order ahead but 2 Sweet will also be open Thanksgiving day from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dessert options include pumpkin cake, cinnabun cake, pistachio cake or pumpkin, apple, and caramel apple pies for the holiday. Pick a pie: 44 Main St., 973-638-1973.
- Mili's Bakery, Passaic: Among the signature desserts here: the apple pie, the orange cake covered with dulce de leche and the pineapple upside down cake. Pick a pie: 10 Garden St., 973-955-3045.
- Pompton Lakes Bakery, Pompton Lakes: Expect your usual pie choices: apple, cherry, blueberry, pecan and pumpkin. The earlier you can order the better. Pick a pie: 117 Wanaque Ave., 973- 835-2381.
Have another place to add to our pie list? Let us know in our Comments or on Facebook.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.