YOU READ IT HERE FIRST: No one was injured after arcing electrical wires ignited a pile of old carpeting stored with construction supplies in a parking garage beneath a Carlstadt hotel just before noon, authorities said.
Twenty or so guests of the Econo Lodge on Washington Avenue were temporarily relocated to a vacant building across the street, with more expected throughout the day, as firefighters battled the two-alarm blaze, which spread to the first floor above the garage.
The building remained without power for several hours.
Carlstadt, Moonachie and Wallington fire companies were among the responders.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.