RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- A beloved staff co-workers affectionately call, "Coach Cupcake" at Meadowlands Gymnastic and his family returned home Halloween to find the house they rent was badly damaged in a fire.
Meadowlands staff established a GoFundMe page for the family. The fire may have resulted from faulty manufacturing or wiring, according to information on the page.
Luckily, the seven family members and their pets got out safely, but much of their belonging were lost and they don't have renter's insurance, said the post.
To date, $1,295 has been raised.
"Our goal is simple, " the page said, "as we learn about the things that were lost, we hope to raise enough funds to replace (items)."
Click here to visit the GoFundMe page.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.