A raid at a Paterson high-rise produced 441 folds of heroin, 39 bags of crack, $13,600 in proceeds and eight arrests, authorities said.
Several deals went down during a drug operation targeting 85 Presidential Boulevard, barely a block and a half from a public school, Police Director Jerry Speziale said.
Dozens of drug-related charges were brought against:
- Richard Brown, 41, who lives in a 10th-floor unit at the high-rise;
- Keshon T. Roberson, 20, who lives on the sixth floor;
- Rodney Fairley, 30, who lives up the street;
- Tyheem J. Stewart, 30, and Kamesha T. Stewart, of Paterson;
- Jamari Q. “Mari” Belfield, 21, also of Paterson;
- Elijah J. Serrano, 19, who also lives on Presidential Boulevard;
- Jason P. Anderson, 38, of East Orange.
Although some already have criminal records, all were released – under New Jersey’s 2017 bail reform law -- pending detention hearings in Central Judicial Processing Court in Paterson.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.