HARRINGTON PARK, N.J. -- Money will be raised for local causes at a 5K Run/Walk, Mile Fun Run and Kiddie Dash on Saturday, Nov. 12 in Harrington Park.
The 15th Annual Harrington Park 5K Fall Spectacular steps off from Harrington Park School, 191 Harriot Ave. Registration opens at 8 a.m., rain or shine. The 5K run is USATF certified and sanctioned.
The Run/Walk Starts at 10 a.m. The Kiddie Dash (6 and under) begins at 9 a.m. and the Mile Fun Run (9 and under), at 9:15 a.m.
Serious runners and casual racers are welcome from New Jersey and New York.
The focus is to raise money for local causes -- student scholarships, play grounds, walks, recreation, ambulance and fire departments as well as periodic devastation donations.
The Harrington Park 5K Fall Spectacular has been an annual race since the early 1990s with various sponsors including The Lions Club and The Girl Scouts. Since 2001 The Community Parks Project was the sponsor, and now The Sports Boosters have taken the reins.
Long sleeve race shirts will be available for the first 500 pre-registrants while supplies last. Kiddie Dash and Mile Fun Run participants will receive a regular t-shirt.
- Top three male and female finishers overall.
- Top three males and female finishers per age group, in five different age groups, from 9 and under through 85 and over.
- Top three male and female finishers from Harrington Park.
- Top male and female student finishers from Harrington Park School (K-8).
- Top three Harrington Park fastest families.
- The GHW award to the fastest man. A plaque will hang in the Harrington Park Library.
For more information contact: Scott Weiner, (201) 768-0976, email@example.com; or Jeff Walker, (201) 218-0753, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Northern Valley and receive free news updates.