MAHWAH, N.J. -- The Mahwah Environmental Volunteers Organization is hosting a farm-to-table harvest dinner Saturday, featuring fruits and vegetables grown at its Fresh Roots Farm.
The 2016 Farm Feast is the group's first-ever farm fundraiser. In addition to the varied menu, there will be live bluegrass music, farm games and a silent auction.
Here's the menu. Starters include
- Harvest salad with baby arugula, baby chard, shaved carrots, watermelon radish, extra virgin olive oil and lemon;
- Basil-infused compressed watermelon, heirloom tomato and fresh mozzarella;
- Zucchini, leek and Boursin cheese whole wheat pizza;
- Crispy kale chips, with garlic aioli and sea salt;
- Beet and tomato gazpacho shooters, with ginger pickled radish and chili cream; and
- Homemade breads with herb butter, honey, tomato jam and infused olive oil.
- Garden herb roasted chicken, with a white wine leek jus;
- Zucchini and goat cheese lasagna; and
- Vegetable frittata.
Sides will be honey-roasted root vegetables and roasted potatoes. Desserts include ground cherry cobbler, honey cupcakes with honey cream cheese icing and sweet potato bread truffles.
The menu is subject to change, depending on what crops are growing at the end of the month.
Tickets are $135. You can buy them online, or pay in person with a check at the event.
There are sponsorship opportunities for businesses and other organizations. Call 201-316-4888 for more information.
The dinner is from 4-9 p.m., at the Fresh Roots Farm, 200 Campgaw Road, Mahwah.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.