HACKENSACK, N.J. -- Hackensack University Medical Center has announces that many of its affiliated physicians are included in Castle Connolly's top doctors list for 2016.
The doctors included on lists were selected after peer nomination, extensive research, and careful review and screening by a doctor-directed research team.
"HackensackUMC is proud of all of its physicians, and congratulates those who have been recognized by their peers as some of the best doctors in the region and nation," said Dr. Ihor Sawczuk, president of HackensackUMC.
Twenty of HackensackUMC's affiliated physicians are listed by Castle Connolly as America's top doctors, in a variety of disciplines:
- Dr. John Zimmerman, cardiac electrophysiology;
- Dr. Julius Gardin and Dr. Joel Landzberg, cardiovascular disease;
- Dr. Scott Rowley, hematology;
- Dr. Andre Goy, Dr. Andrew Pecora and Dr. Stanley Waintraub, medical oncology;
- Dr. Harry Agress, nuclear medicine;
- Dr. James Wittig, orthopaedic surgery;
- Dr. Michael Harris, pediatric hematology-oncology;
- Dr. Kathleen Haines, pediatric rheumatology;
- Dr. Frederick Alexander, pediatric surgery;
- Dr. Terry Hensle, pediatric urology;
- Dr. Richard Winters, plastic surgery;
- Dr. Glen Gejerman, radiation oncology;
- Dr. Peter McGovern, reproductive endocrinology;
- Dr. Martin Karpeh, surgery; and
- Dr. Vincent Lanteri, Dr. Hossein Sadeghi-Nejad and Ihor Sawczuk, urology.
The New York Metro Area HackensackUMC also had 192 of its affiliated physicians included in Castle Connolly's list.
To search for Castle Connolly top doctors in your area, click here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.