A 76-year-old Saddle Brook man smoking a cigarette on his front porch Friday afternoon was severely burned after his flannel pants ignited, poilce said.
“He didn’t realize what happened until it was too late,” Police Chief Robert Kugler told Daily Voice.
AirMed One flew the Wilson Street victim to St. Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston after he inadvertently dropped the cigarette in his lap, the chief said.
He suffered third-degree burns on his leg, Kugler said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.