ONLY ON CVP: Two children playing with candles accidentally ignited a fire that destroyed the upper half of a 2½-story house in Palisades Park last night.
Both the youngsters and their parents got out OK, Police Chief Benjamin Ramos told CLIFFVIEW PILOT.
Leonia’s FAST team and Ridgefield firefighters joined their colleagues at the Hillside Avenue blaze, between West Edsall Boulevard and Ackerman Place, which broke out just after 11:40 p.m.
The lower half of the house sustained severe water damage, Ramos said.
VIDEO (CLIFFVIEW PILOT Contributor Kevin Teel):
STORY / PHOTOS: CLIFFVIEW PILOT Contributor Damien Danis
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.