LEONIA, N.J. -- A fire in the vacated site of a former Leonia restaurant Tuesday afternoon apparently was caused by an electrical malfunction, authorities said.
Leonia firefighters quickly doused the 3:15 p.m. blaze at the Broad Avenue building that once housed Grubb's Take Away, Police Capt. Scott Tamagny said.
Their colleagues from Fort Lee, Englewood, Teaneck, Palisades Park, Ridgefield and Edgewater joined them.
Englewood Hospital and Medical Center Emergency Medical Services and Box 54 also responded.
The Bergen County Sheriff’s Bureau of Criminal Identification collected evidence for borough police and the county prosecutor's Arson Investigations Unit.
The fire "is believed to have been caused by an electrical malfunction and is not considered suspicious at this time," Tamagny said.
No injuries were reported.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.