BERGEN COUNTY, N.J. -- Sure we all love turkey -- or the tradition of it at least -- but let's be honest: we all love pie more.
What's Your Favorite Thanksgiving Pie?
So, where are you getting yours this Thanksgiving, Bergen? We've rounded up a few of our favs sure to dazzle your guests --- and leave you "pie-eyed" for more.
Order soon; many bakeries have a cut-off deadline.
- Abma's Farm, Wyckoff: Pumpkin walnut, Dutch apple crumb, Swedish apple, Cranberry apple and pecan are some of the many dessert options at this farm favorite where you'll also find cheesecake, Danish and cakes. No cut-off date for ordering -- they bake all the time -- but they will not be open Thanksgiving day so do plan/think ahead. Pick a pie: 700 Lawlins Rd., 201-891-0278.
- Allendale Eats, Allendale: Decisions, decisions. Will it be apple caramel crumb, apple walnut leaf, cherry chocolate crumb, pumpkin pecan or coconut custard? Additional options are on the list as well -- just order by Friday, Nov. 17. Pick a pie: 101 West Allendale Ave., 201- 825-0110.
- Butterflake Bakeshop, Teaneck: Baking will go on until Thanksgiving day, so no cut-off for ordering. Expect traditional apple and pumpkin pie as well as cherry, blueberry, chocolate cream and more -- everything is kosher and nut-free. Pick a pie: 448 Cedar Ln., 201- 836-3516.
- Carlo's Bakery, Ridgewood: Apple pie, applue crumb, pumpkin, pecan and chocolate pecan are among the Thanksgiving choices. Order by Monday, Nov. 20. Pick a pie: 2 Wilsey Sq., 201-962-9080.
- Demarest, Hillsdale: Pumpkin cheesecake, pmpkin pie, apple walnut, traditional apple and even sugar free apple are on the menu at this farm-fresh bakery where other choices include blueberry pie and coconut custard. Order before Saturday, Nov. 18. Pick a pie: 244 Werimus Rd., 201-666-0472.
- Eerie Coffee Bakery, Rutherford: The creative possibilites really up the Thanksgiving ante. Among the choices: Chocolate Pumpkin Bread Bundt, Torched Marshmallow, Pumpkin & Pecan Pie, Salted Caramel Apple Crumb Pie, Cranberry Pear Almond Frangipane Tart, Bourbon Pecan Pie and Buttermilk Sweet Potato. Order by Sunday, Nov. 19. Pick a pie: 10 Franklin Pl., 201- 460-0073.
- L’Arte della Pasticceria, Ramsey: Pumpkin cheesecake, chocolate banana walnut crostada, apple torte, wild mushroom tart and other European-style desserts are on the Thanksgiving menu at this Italian cafe where local fruits and seasonal ingredients are front and center. Among the pies: apple cranberry, apple crumb, pecan and classic pumpkin. Order by Sunday, Nov. 19. Pick a pie: 107-109 E. Main St., 201-934-3211.
- Mr. Tod's Pie Factory, Englewood: Mr. Todd, aka "The Sweet Potato Pie King," is known for his Thanksiving goodies and "southern comfort" charm -- think baked-with-love sweet potato, pumpkin, pecan, coconut and chocolate pecan. Order by Sunday, Nov. 19. Pick a pie: 15 W. Hudson Ave., 201-567-5370.
- The Barn, Closter: Think outside the Thanksgiving box with blueberry crumb, Oreo layer cake, Tollhouse cookie, red velvet or carrot cake. There's also the traditional options of pumpkin, apple crumb and apple caramel walnut pie. Order by Saturday, Nov. 18. Pick a pie: 570 Piermont Rd., 201-768-1438.
Have another place to add to our pie list? Let us know in our comments or on Facebook.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.