Flames could be seen coming from the HVAC system on the roof of the West Broadway restaurant and banquet hall after a kitchen grease fire spread shortly before 6 p.m. March 6, witnesses said.
It took less than 20 minutes to douse the blaze, which responders said extended to the second and third floors.
No injuries were reported.
Dave L. Rampersad, who was DJ'ing for the 3rd Annual International Women's Day Celebration sponsored by Passaic County Clerk Daniel Ireland-Imhof, said fire officials gave them the go-ahead to continue about an hour and a half after the blaze broke out.
Fellow DJ Florence Chirichiello said it was "amazing to see Danielle so cool while the building was literally on fire. She was a true professional.
"Paterson police responded promptly and extinguished the fire as soon as they were on the scene. Brownstone staff were amazing at taking care of all guests," Chrichiello said. "As a social worker, It was great to DJ an event celebrating such strong women during women’s history month and social work month."
Owners Tommy and Al Manzo apparently were "getting a lot of calls from panicking future brides and grooms," an attendee at the event told Daily Voice. "Even though the kitchen is destroyed, they said they'll be up and running at full capacity within a few days."
ANYONE with original photos (not published elsewhere)? Please either text: (201) 943-2794 / Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or go to: Facebook: Jerry DeMarco. We will give you full credit. THANK YOU....
Click here to follow Daily Voice Fair Lawn-Glen Rock and receive free news updates.