ENGLEWOOD, N.J. – The city of Englewood is conducting an examination for firefighter positions on Saturday, Sept. 24, at 8 a.m. at the Englewood Hospital Chiang Auditorium in Englewood.
Those taking the test must arrive no later than 8:30 a.m.
To be considered for employment each candidate must:
- Be a U.S. citizen at the time the examination is given.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 34 at the time the examination is given.
- Pass the assessment process, including the written test, oral interviews, psychological and physical evaluations.
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED.
- Possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license. The license must be presented at the time the application is submitted and again at test registration on Sept. 24.
- Must successfully complete one-year probationary period.
Englewood residency is required for one year within three months of appointment date.
Fee is $70 for the exam. No cash will be accepted. Money orders or certified checks should be made payable to the City of Englewood only. Fee must be paid at the time of application.
Applications are available for download now at the city of Englewood website. Applications must be submitted in person at Englewood City Hall, Human Resources Office, second floor, 2-10 N. Van Brunt St., Englewood, between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. starting Monday, July 11, and ending Friday, July 22. Late night application dates are Wednesdays, July 13 and July 20, from 5-8 p.m.
The Englewood Hospital Chiang Auditorium is at 350 Engle St., Englewood.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Englewood and receive free news updates.