DEMAREST, N.J. – Demarest Day – a community-centered day of fun and entertainment – will return Sept. 24.
Demarest Day, which is scheduled from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., features rides, inflatables, food, music by Demarest resident Ray Grieche, face painting and more. The Academy of the Holy Angels dance team and members of the Cresskill Performing Arts Center also will perform.
Tiger Kim's Tae Kwon Do will provide a martial arts demonstration, and a fitness demonstration by Fit4Mom Bergen County also is on the schedule.
The event is co-sponsored by the Demarest Recreation Commission and Demarest Summer Recreation Camp.
The Recreation Commission is seeking volunteers and donations. Below are several options to participate in Demarest Day, however, all monetary donations of any amount are welcome.
Demarest Recreation Commission President Rebecca LaPira said the commission also will consider in-kind donations of services, such as kids’ activities and family-friendly entertainment, or products, such as bottled water or food samples, as long as they are appropriate for Demarest Day.
Sponsor levels include:
- $25 individual or $50 family sponsor: Name recognition on volunteer T-shirts
- $75 community sponsor: Name recognition on volunteer T-shirt and sign, optional vendor table at the event (no selling)
- $150 small-business sponsor: Restaurant, food or small business vendor (may charge at the event). Note: Food vendors serving cooked food at the event must complete additional forms from the Department of Health and pay a $35 temporary license fee.
- $300 Demarest Day tote bag sponsor: Logo on 1,000 Demarest Day tote bags
- $500 kids’ activity sponsor: Choice of sponsored face painting, glitter tattoos, balloon art, small bounce house or character meet and greet, logo on kids’ activity sign and optional vendor table
- $1,000 family fun sponsor: Choice of sponsored large inflatable, ticketed games, DJ, photo booth or similar family-friendly activity or entertainment, logo on sign for the activity or entertainment; and optional vendor table
- $1,500+ Demarest Day title sponsor: Choice of sponsored activity or ride, logo on marketing materials and signs, prime vendor table, logo on volunteer T-shirts and tote bags
If making a donation, make check payable to “Borough of Demarest” and send to: Demarest Borough Hall, Attention: Recreation Commission – Demarest Day, 118 Serpentine Road, Demarest, NJ 07627.
For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.