Ridgefield Senior Hospitalized In Accidental Bedroom Fire

A Ridgefield senior was hospitalized early Saturday following an accidental bedroom fire, responders said.

1028 Elm Avenue, Ridgefield

1028 Elm Avenue, Ridgefield

Photo Credit: Damien Danis for DAILY VOICE

A mattress in her second-floor bedroom on Elm Avenue caught fire after the tenant fell asleep with a lit cigarette around 6:30 a.m. May 11, a family member said.

An oxygen tank the woman uses also caught fire, the relative said.

EMS tended to the victim before transporting her.

Firefighters contained the fire and quickly doused the flames.

Mutual aid was provided at the scene and in coverage by firefighters from Cliffside Park, Fairview and Palisades Park.

Damien Danis took the photo and contributed to this account.

to follow Daily Voice Cliffside Park-Edgewater and receive free news updates.