FAIRVIEW, N.J. -- ( UPDATE ) A child may have accidentally ignited a fire that blew through the roof of a two-family Fairview house, investigators unofficially said Saturday.
Everyone got out safely from the two-alarm blaze on Kennedy Drive, which responders said broke out in the rear of the upstairs apartment around 7 p.m. Friday.
No one was injured.
Borough firefighters were pulled from the roof just before it caved in.
They were aided by their colleagues from Cliffside Park, who sent a FAST team, as well as from Edgewater (engine), Palisades Park (ladder truck) and Ridgefield (engine).
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.