BERGENFIELD, N.J. – Kindergarten registration for the 2016-17 school year in the Bergenfield Public School District will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday through Friday at South Church, 150 W. Church St.
Parents are asked to call Alice Nieves, district registrar, at 201-385-8600 Ext. 1609 to schedule an appointment. All children must be 5 years of age on or before Oct. 1, 2016. There will be no exceptions to this requirement. Registration requires the following:
- The child must be present at registration. If the child is ill at the time of registration, please notify the district registrar to reschedule.
- Parent/guardians will be required to confirm their identity with a photo ID. The child’s original birth certificate must be presented at the time of registration. Proof of residency, such as a copy of the house deed, rent receipt, mortgage commitment or lease will be required.
- Parents/guardians will be required to complete and have a notarized Parent Affidavit of Legal Residence and Pupil Domicile.
- Kindergarten registration packets are available for pickup at all the elementary schools: Franklin School, Hoover School, Jefferson School, Lincoln School and Washington School. They will also be available for pickup at the Bergenfield High School main office. Bring this packet to registration.
- A physical examination is required of all children prior to entrance to kindergarten. Any examination done on or after Oct. 1, 2015 will satisfy this requirement. A card, to be completed by the child’s medical care provider, will be provided to parents with the registration packet. This card must be returned to the school nurse no later than May 1.
- State law requires all children be properly immunized against certain diseases before entrance to school. Bring proof of immunizations to registration. The necessary immunizations are DTaP, IPV or OPV, MMR, Hep B and Varicella vaccine.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Bergenfield and receive free news updates.