Hundreds of people are expected to turn out for a music festival organized by Bergen County teens.
Bergenfest is a "local concert on a global mission" with Wé McDonald of NBC's "The Voice" headlining the June 29 event.
Held at the Benjamin Franklin Middle School in Ridgewood, the concert is for non-profit humanitarian organization TEEEM: The Empathetic Entrepreneur Equality Mission.
TEEEM raises funds and awareness toward world-wide community needs and includes students from across North Jersey.
Each high school is dedicated to a particular country:
- Ridgewood High School: Cambodia
- Northern Highlands Regional High School: Senegal
- Pascack Valley High School: Burkina Faso
- Westwood High School: Ethiopia
- Bergenfield High School: Peru
- Waldwick High School: Kenya
- Hackensack High School: TBD
TEEEM provides medical care, food, education and business support to communities around the globe.
More than 1,000 tickets had been sold for the concert as of June 15.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.