NEW MILFORD, N.J. -- A New Milford nursing home patient who wanted to smoke in bed while on oxygen ignited an explosion that sent him to the hospital with face and hand injuries that weren't considered life-threatening, police said.
The Woodcrest Health Care Center patient was "attempting to light a cigarette while he had the oxygen on" around 5 a.m. Tuesday, Detective Sgt. Keith Van Saders told Daily Voice.
The small explosion sent smoke from his room into the hallway, he said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.